Food Safety Consultant
About the Company
Grape Software is an ambitious, new food technology company with decades of experience. We have developed a technology-based food safety inspection system for food inspectors and food businesses.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has expertise and experience in food safety legislation, documentation and environmental health inspections. You will advise, assist and onboard food businesses and local authority EHO’s with an innovative system that will modernise and streamline the food safety sector, ultimately helping thousands of businesses to raise their food safety standards and boost public trust on a national level.
This is a flexible role for the right person, and includes remote working, meaning you can work from home anywhere in the country.
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years experience carrying out food safety inspections or audits
- Familiarity with UK food safety inspection documentation and processes
- Knowledge of the Food Hygiene Ratings Score (FHRS)
- Practical experience of food safety management systems and associated documentation
- Competent user of Internet, Microsoft Office
- Experience of report writing
- Relevant food safety qualifications
- Familiarity with 3rd party Customer Management Systems and databases
- Knowledge of local government administration
- Recognised qualification in Environmental Health
- Certificate of Registration from the Environmental Health Registration Board (EHRB)
- Member of CIEH
- In depth knowledge of UK and EU food safety legislation
Can be carried out remotely or out of normal working hours. We’re more interested in finding the best person and making things work for you.
Competitive and negotiable hourly rate depending on experience. Tell us what you want.
How to apply
Please apply here and we’ll be in touch!
(No agencies please – we want someone who is capable of representing themselves).